Corporate & College Collaborative for Sustainability (3CS)

November 9, 2011

Last year, William and Mary hosted the first ever Corporate & College Collaborative for Sustainability, uniting business leaders, faculty, and students to discuss innovations in sustainability, social entrepreneurship, and business education. As a freshman last year, I heard about the inaugural conference and immediately decided to attend; sustainability and business had always been an interest of mine and I was curious to learn more about how they could be combined.

Little did I know that two realms of sustainability would come smashing together at the collaborative: the abstract world of academia we live in here at the College and the practical, real world that business leaders operate in every day. It was dynamic, it was exciting, and most importantly, it was an experience that helped me to understand how my interest in sustainability can make a real difference in the world while I am in school and once I graduate.

This Friday, November 11th and Saturday, November 12, the collaborative is returning to Miller Hall, providing the opportunity for us to interact with like-minded students, faculty, and business leaders to discuss diverse solutions to sustainability issues.

Tickets are $10, cash or express, and include breakfast, lunch, breaks for both days and Chipotle Cookout Social on Friday evening Please visit the event website page to learn more about this outstanding opportunity for networking, experiential learning, and fun insightful discussion!

Learn more at the 3CS Site!

-Net Impact

Entry Filed under: Uncategorized. .

About:

Welcome to Hark Upon the Green! This blog is a shared space for members of the sustainability community at William & Mary to write about sustainability topics on and beyond. If you would like to contribute to the blog, contact Madeleine Boel, Committee on Sustainability Web Assistant, at mgboel@email.wm.edu.
Make sure to visit Sustainability at W&M for all of W&M's progress on sustainability efforts. Catch up with William & Mary Sustainability on Twitter at WM_GreenisGold
To learn what William & Mary's Environmental Law Society is up to, visit their blog at http://envirols.blogs.wm.edu/.

Archives

Tags

RSS WM_GreenisGold