A New Leaf

October 16, 2011

Hello!

My name is Sharon Hartzell. I am an undergraduate at the College, and one of the Committee on Sustainability’s Fall 2011 Eco-Ambassadors. For my project, I am working with our Sustainability Fellow, Sarah Hanke, to improve the  Committee on Sustainability’s web presence. I am interested in diversifying the content of COS’s blog and website, ensuring that the College’s sustainability information is highly accessible and appeals to the widest possible audience. As I learn more about website management, I will strive to incorporate more multimedia content into the COS website, and make navigating the website as intuitive as possible.

I plan to make the COS blog more interactive than ever before, with regular updates and guest posts from a number of organizations, departments and committees at the College. Our campus has an impressive number of initiatives relating to sustainability and the environment, and I hope to create a shared space to get the word out about the tremendous efforts W&M is making to live green.

The blog already has a fresh new look, and we will soon be introducing our first guest post. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, check out National Geographic’s feature on creating eco-friendly Halloween costumes. It’s geared towards kids, but remember – you’re never too old to play dress-up!

Until next time,

Sharon Hartzell
Class of 2014

Entry Filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .

About:

Welcome to Hark Upon the Green! This blog is a shared space for members of the sustainability community at William & Mary to write about sustainability topics on and beyond. If you would like to contribute to the blog, contact Madeleine Boel, Committee on Sustainability Web Assistant, at mgboel@email.wm.edu.
Make sure to visit Sustainability at W&M for all of W&M's progress on sustainability efforts. Catch up with William & Mary Sustainability on Twitter at WM_GreenisGold
To learn what William & Mary's Environmental Law Society is up to, visit their blog at http://envirols.blogs.wm.edu/.

Archives

Tags

RSS WM_GreenisGold