This Sunday, November 15th, is America Recycles Day! The Student Environmental Action Coalition (SEAC)’s Recycling Campaign is organizing a fantastic day of events, to be held from 2:00pm – 5:00pm in the Sunken Gardens (the rain plan is for Chesapeake B in the Sadler Center).
Leading up to the event, keep an eye out for the bale of compacted aluminum cans provided by our recycling vendor, Tidewater Fiber. You’ll see it, along with some interesting facts on recycling at W&M, in some of the most traveled areas of campus until Sunday.
Some of the highlights for Sunday’s event:
- A Recycled Fashion Show will be held at 3:45! All students are welcome to attend in any sort of recycled outfit! Judging the show will be Modern Languages professor Regina Root, along with two students from Professor Root’s Ethical Fashion class. President Reveley will also make an appearance as a guest celebrity judge! The winner will receive a WaWa gift card!
- Bring a recyclable item and enter a raffle to win another WaWa gift card.
- Alpha Phi Omega will be giving away free recycled notebooks. Finally, a use for all of those Swem printer cover sheets…
- Free cider will be provided — as long as you bring your own cup, of course!
- Goodwill Industries, Trader Joe’s, and Harris Teeter will be giving away free reusable shopping bags.
- There will be plenty of live music from campus bands.
So make sure to come out Sunday from 2-5 for America Recycles Day. Looks like it’ll be a great time!